Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Last Weekend- Lo bueno y lo Malo

Ok people- this whole blogging situation is getting out of control. Everyday I am aching, paining, convulsing inside to be able to sit down (with a mojito en mi manito, perhaps) and write a legit, detailed- but not overly blabby, quality blog. Alas, mis amigos, I haven't the time nor the telecommunicative abilities. I feel... stifled. But, here I am on this tippiest of Tuesdays, hoarding all the internet and skypage that I can possibly gather into three hours of free internet usage. Aaah wifi bliss... As such, I will unabashedly take this time to paint you a portrait of the fin de semana pasado, and how it's possible to claw yourself, tooth and nail, out of the depths of shittiness and into a pretty damn good time.

Like clockwork, like pokemones to skinny-jeans, like Chilenos to sal, Friday rolls around and the day could not be over quicker. No, I don't really want to make a copy. No, I don't really want to go downstairs to HR. No, I will not take out the trash. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. 6:00 finally motherF#$%ing rolls around and I literally RUN out of the office, sprint to the bus stop, wait... wait.... wait... (never comes al tiro when you actually want it to)... leap off the bus while it's +/- still rolling, speed walk like an Olympian to my apartment. I arrive. Sweating. yeck.

Arriving in the blinkiest blink possible was guided by the sole objective of measuring the wattage on my energy watt-measure-er. CooL! In my endless string of chilean shitstreamage, some SOB electricity-fairy decided to zap her magic wand on my watt-meter which, in doing so, zings my monthly bill to a very NON Polly-Pocket price- which I respectfully decline to pay. A glimpse into my vida electrica: I live in a 2o square meter apartment, lights are turned on for a MAX of 2 hours a day, I unplug EVERYTHING (except for fridge and mircowave) before I leave for work (yes, I have gone green)- where I am the entire day. I've spent a total of one weekend at my place in the last month. You do the math. A bill that should cost me, uh, $6.00USD at most, is costing me $40!!! WTF!? So here I am. La gringa attempting to figure out how on earth such a monstrous quantity of energy is surging through my PP apartment. Comical. You think I could do that speaking English? Muy gracioso. Go ahead- Riete.

Worthless.

I go lay on my bed.

Fall asleep. Drool.

LL calls:
"Vamos a la playa?"
Me: "SI VAMOS!!!! Dame cinco minutos y estoy lista!!!"
Absentmindedly toss some shirts, a swimsuit, n' stuff into a duffel bag and wait like an anxious neglected dog at the door for him to call and say he's here.

Picks me up.

We go to the grocery store- Jumbo in Nunoa, to be exact. BIG MISTAKE. We make our rounds, deciding what we're gonna buy, what to put on the pizza, open a bag of Doritos and eat 'em sinverguenza, and finally make it to the register. Pay. Get in the car. Hop on the costanera, and make a B-line to the beach to forget the BS in Santiago.

About halfway to Algorobizzle, LL goes: "put on some music." I go digging like a vole into my oversized purse for his little red bag containing his two ipods (classic & nano). Not there. Panic. PANIC. Search up/down/inside/out of the car. No where to be found. Noooooooooooooo. No. No puede ser. Tienen que estar en el auto. NO PUEDE SER.

I. Got. Robbed.
(at the GODAMN grocery store of all places).

No PUEDE ser. But it was. They were gone. I felt about 4891 times smaller than this. Cue downfall of tears. Couldn't help it. Felt (feel) awful. LL was quite the dear and instead of bombing me a verbal storm of anger and garabatos, simply said: "forget about it, it could have happened to anyone." As calm as could be. Impressive. 7.

And for those of you who are tallying... that's a total of 3 ipods robbed in my care in the last 9 months. Stupendous.

Eat pizza. Go to bed. Want it to be Saturday. We hate Friday.

From Saturday morning until Sunday evening, we had a surprisingly AWESOME time!! The tables couldn't have turned in a more pleasurable direction. Sleeping in until 2:00 everyday, going to the beach until 7:00 (San Alfonso actually... the biggest pool in the world, NBD) , relaxing, enjoying, hangin' with otros amigos. I, for one, managed to forget all the plagues that had been pestering my brain. Peace. Tranquilidad.

A testament that it is, in fact, possible to forget your problems. To pause the hurricane and descansar. Honestly, never had I been so able to literally "leave my problems at the door." I'm not sure if it was the change of scenery, the lack of alarm clocks, the A+ company, or simply a ginormous bed to dream in. But the combo worked. And it felt maravilloso. When we passed through the last peaje on our way back into STGO, I felt prepared to battle what I'd put on hold here in the city.

Santiago, you're kind of a SOB, but you're not so bad al final...




1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's so crappy that they got stolen! But I'm glad your weekend ended up okay!

    ReplyDelete