Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh How I Long for Theeeeee(S)

Today is my official "I landed on Chilean Earth One Year Ago" anniversary and, as such, I'm contemplating, pondering what I truly miss the most from the land of the brave and the home of the free (obv besides the family, cuz that's just too DUH)- in no particular order:

  1. Netflix
  2. Light Beer
  3. Micro-brewed beer (NB, OD)
  4. Cell phone accessibility to fam/friends
  5. Driving, with loud music, singing like a little screaming monkey
  6. Not having to think about being robbed at all times
  7. Coffee Shops (AlleyCat, DeJaVu, etc.)
  8. Markdown stores (Nord.Rack, TX Max, u know u luv a good bargain)
  9. Horsetooth reservior
  10. A plethora of awesome TV shows
  11. Healthy Choice Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (omggg)
  12. (it's not delivery it's) Digiorno Pizza
  13. Going to Whole Foods w/ my mom and sampling everything possible
  14. Chai Teaaa
  15. Cowboys
  16. Used book stores
  17. Drinking games (beer pong! flip cup!)
  18. Endless varieties of almost everything (ie: top ramen/cereal kinda amazing)
  19. Delish (and picante!) Mexican food & Rio margaritas mmmmm
  20. CHEDDAR CHEESE OMG
Hmm... so it appears as if the puck stops at 20. I'm positive that in about 1.45 minutes I will think of at least 4 other things to add to the list, but they must just have to wait until January 12th, 2011.

////What did/do you miss when living in a foreign country/place?
////What is my list missing??
////Which would you miss the most if you were me??
////If Netflix isn't one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century, what is?!

1 comment:

  1. When I lived in Costa Rica in the middle of a national park, I missed freaking DAIRY products! We didn't have a fridge...so no milk except this nasty non-refrigerated kind...no CHEESE (my life staple - the reason I go to the gym is so I can eat cheese)...no yogurt! ugh. The first thing I did when I came home was chug a glass of cold milk! I also daydreamed about Big City Burrito as I ate my rice and beans (that was our every meal - breakfast lunch and dinner). Haha. Funny how it's all food that I missed!

    ReplyDelete