Thursday, April 22, 2010

Passions/Dreams

After a few particularly "slow" days in the office, I am coming yet again to the conclusion that I have little patience for sitting around in an office waiting for something inspiring to come my way.  I left work yesterday and walked and walked and walked thinking about what I really love, what would be my ideal, truly ideal job/career.  Happiness (for me) is not being chained to a desk staring at a computer, asking for permission to go outside, feeling guilty if I take a 45 minute lunch, being uninspired thus forcing a dulling of the brain..  Just doesn't do it for me.

My exact problem is, is that I dont know where my passions actually lie.  The only thing I could imagine is when I reminisced back to my High School years where I spent hours upon hours, early morning after late night, in the art studio, in the dark room- creating, blossoming, not noticing that a day had come and gone.  That may have been the only time where I have felt a true passion for what I had been doing.  I wanted to go to art school.  Obviously that didn't happen (where on earth would I be it if had??), but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, every event and decision leads you to your destiny.  In idea, an interview, etc.....

So where is this Chilean path leading me now?   I've stopped attempting to guess my fortunes and plan my future to the most minute detail, so that's not really the point.  The point is: where do I go from here?  Where will this path take me?  Really, the only place I want to be guided is to something that will ignite my fire like those days in the studio.  Having no direction makes it a tad more complicated, a bit more difficult.  But at this point, I'm totally interested in exploring all of my options.  All of my passions.

And as lame and surface-level it may sounds, I took a lil' test yesterday on some generic job website that actually rang pretty true with my personality and tastes.  The following response was spat out:
  
Life as an INTJ  
(Intravert, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger)

People of this type tend to be autonomous, aloof and intellectual; imaginative, innovative, and unique; critical, analytical and logical; intellectually curious, driven to learn and increase their competence and knowledge; socially cautious and reserved; organized and definitive.
The most important thing to INTJs is their independence and being able to live according to their own standards. 
Great careers for INTJs
Here are just a few popular and often satisfying careers for people whose Personality Type is INTJ:
 Hmm.  At some point pre-college, I toyed with the idea of being an intellectual property lawyer.  But my intuition tells me that going to law school would more than likely explode in my face (and wallet).  Among the others that I've previously considered are: news analyst (anything analyst, dig it), Freelance writer (mmm ideal, I would love it, but how the grand-old-F would I get started in the field), Media Planner (for sho would like this), and when I was 13-15 I was sure I was going to be an architect-- I cant even tell you the number of badass dream houses I designed on Lou-fam roadtrips... 

So we have some potential.  Grad school is definitely an option.  Have thought about doing a degree in Consumer Psychology but it is quite an elusive program to track down.  I don't know.  I just wish there was someone/thing that would TELL me what it is I would be best at, what it is I would be most content doing... 

Anyone.... Anyone...????

 Or I could just chalk it all up, go to med-school and be a Cardiologist.  Plan B. 

1 comment:

  1. sometime I feel the same, but at the moment I like my hotel life, come on follow me on twitter @brehmen

    ReplyDelete