Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just Call Me Martha.

If you know me, you know that I. Do. Not. cook.  I can make a helluva sauce if the situation arises, but on a daily basis the closest I get to making a "meal" is cooking eggs in a microwave or putting something on a piece of bread.  I have no oven.  And I have no patience.  And, as of yesterday, I have no light in my kitchen.  And I have little motivation to fix it.   So add that shit up and your sum is one worthless Bren_in_a_kitchen (batteries not included, ha).

BUT yesterday I kicked my own cooking ASS and made BY FAR the most amazing soup ever.  I mean, not ever as in the history of the world (dumB), but ever as in in my lifetime that has been made ONLY by me, with no help and no packaged ingredients.  And IN THE DARK.  Pat my own back bitches. 

In case you're interested (especially those of us in Chilito going into winter and freezing our little potitos off (yes I kind of hate all you N. Hemi peeps)), here's whatchu do...  And in the style of one of my fave food Blogs, this recipe is truly half assed-- and there is no need to measure, that's too much work and makes too many dishes to wash.... 
1.  Put some water in a pot on the (turned-on) stove.
2.  Add some mini-bowtie pasta  (or whatever)
3:  Peel (?) a potato, cut it up into edible bites.  Put in pot.
4.  Peel (?) 3 middle-finger-sized carrots, cut, again, into edible bites.  Put in pot. 
5.  Toss in 2 cubes of veggie flavoring.
6.  Toss in some rice.
7.  Cut 3 legs of green onion into little pieces and throw that shit in too.
8.  Add merquén (chile only, sorry) and a few pinches of Rosemary (best spice ever).
9.  Keep mixing and keep adding water cuz all the ingredients are very absorbent.  
Cook until you feel like it's ready.  Serve in a bowl, with a spoon, and it'd be delish to add some fancy kind of bread you buy at a fancy kind of shop, like the pan de cerveza that I bought <--- there. 

Enjoy and dont forget to thank me later.  Cuz I guarantee this will be the only post of this nature ever written on these virtual pages.  :)

1 comment: