Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear World...

At some point, I forgot I had a blog.  Oops.  I dismissed writing because I've been too busy relentlessly pestering all people who are in, surround, or even border my social circle with a topic that I have been uberly stressing about.  Yet another big change is in the air amigos... oh, and did I mention that I no longer live in the PPapt?  Yeah, I'm now on to my 5th apartment in a year and a half but that's beside the point and too embarrassing to further elaborate upon. 

In other news:
  • My entire family is just arriving back to the "mainland" from Hawaii.  And in case you're geographically challenged, it's winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  And Chile is not Brazil, does not have rainforests, or boreder the Amazon.  It's freezing and makes you look fat and not because of the excess "winter weight" but because of the 13 layers of clothes you have to pile on to maintain even a low level of body heat.
  • Spain won the world cup.  I was hoping Holland would pull through for the sheer fact that their fans were the most jovial I witnessed in Germany in 2006.  I you haven't born witness to my nerd-dom please refer to this post regarding said futból tournament.  Will miss Pulpo Paul.  Or Paul the Octopus... not really sure if he's achieved translation for the "I could careless about soccer" US.
  • If you didn't hear me screaming it from the tops of my lungs from the tops of this giant building... me 'n LL are GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!  Yes I have my typical "death row" calendar started, yes I'm already planning the vacation, and yes I like almost shed a tear with excitement every time I think about it.  Stoked to the bones.  
  • 4th of July was semi-uneventful.  Obviously this holiday cannot exist without fireworks.  But I did finagle my way into being invited to the (now former) US Ambassador's house/mansion/literally a fortress to rub noses with the Rich & Famou$ $antiaguino$.  I was, by far (and by far I mean, BY FAR) the youngest person there and felt wildly out of place but in the mean time enjoyed chowing on cheddar cheese (a delicacy in these parts) and other weird hors d'oeuvres that accompany such "fancy" events.  Felt proud of my country (rare) and the work they did after the earthquake.  OH- and met the Chilean First Lady, Cecilia Morel.  Freaked out per usual.  Forgive me, but when else am I gonna meet a first lady??  To round the fake holiday out, I was invited to broadcast live from the Embassy for the annual flag raising ceremony.  Easily the most exciting part of this event was eating PAPA JOHNS (who knew they deliver to Chile??? baha).  Mmm the taste of college on my lips.... 
That'll do it for today peeps, interesting material is on the way and to the 3 of you who read this, sorry for bein' a big lazy non-blogging bum.- 

No comments:

Post a Comment