Friday, March 19, 2010

Life Goal: Take 1

When my rents came and visited moi here in Chilito, I had a long soggy (in the hot tub) convo with my mom about my life and all the things that plague my mind and thus turn me into an unstoppable thinking machine on the fastest path to self-destruction. 

She was sooo chill about it.  Cuz she was in Chile?  I don't know, but I just remember her telling me to "chillax" and to "stop and smell the roses."  Which she so effortlessly reminded my of when she sent me the ever-so-middle-aged-listener Mac Davis CD with, u guessed it, the song "stop and smell the roses."  Ca-ching.

Turns out I've done a crap, craptastic job of taking her advice and have subsequently allowed the bren-brain-destroyer to whack it's way into my most whack area of consciousness.  Not an ideal recipe my friends.  The crazy lady in question finally flew the coop yesterday and allowed impulsiveness to submerge her most rational capacities and POW!  Wont go into detail, but def took a dive off da deep end.  (And yes, speaking in 3rd person makes me feel less accountable...)

The point of the story is that I can no longer allow myself to live in the future, worrying about shit that is so far-fetched and obscure that I think myself crazy and into a day-to-day tailspin in which I lose sight of the awesomeness that is my life, and the lucky chick that I actually am.  It's just silly.  So- NO MÁS!!!! 

If you know me and catch me breaking my new rule- MANDAME A LA CRESTA!!!!


PS- Do you have ANY IDEA how many AWFUL "stop and smell the roses cartoons" there are???  About 130,000 according to Google.  Anyway, the only reason I posted this is because it has a Bee and duh it's kinda key to this blog.

But not that Bee.

Cuz that Bee isn't the new Me.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Recognizing the issue is def the first step to fixing the problem! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete